Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Where to begin

If it was up to me I'd jump right into fashion ideas, tips about babies, the do's and dont's I've learned, funny stories about motherhood, inspirational messages, married life obstacles and all the other things that lets be honest not all my Facebook friends want to read about in my statuses. However, starting a new blog I feel the need to have some sort of introduction in my first blog to give you an idea of who I am. I've always had a thing for writing, and I'm sure I would of pursued it as a career if God hadn't called me to be a Wife and Mother. Yes I said God, here's another thing about me, I will and always, emphasis on the always, will give all the glory and thanks to everything magnificent in my life straight up to God. Now don't get me wrong I struggle in my faith I often fail to let God have full control of my life, I sometimes make the mistake of thinking I can handle my life on my own but at the end of a hard day when I'm to weak to stand, on to my knees I go to give my cares to him. If I didn't I'd be even more sleep deprived than I already am thinking about all the things weighing on my heart. Speaking of sleep deprivation, I am the new and very proud Mother of a beautiful baby girl named Rhilynne Lark Homan. She was born September 18th at 7lbs 8oz and 18 inches of pure love. After 9 long months of waiting, 16 hours of labor and 2 and 1/2 hours of pushing, at 9:28am our lives changed forever. Now when I say lives I of coarse mean my Husbands and I's. I fell In love with my Husband almost exactly a year ago. My husband is a hero to my heart and a hero for this country. As the Wife of a United States Marine, life isn't always easy, but our love is what pushes us through and keeps that Marine and this California girl truckin' along. Yes I am a girl who spends more than ten minutes getting ready , I often wear shoes that I regret wearing by the end of the day but then will wear them again the next week, I live for snuggling with my daughter, dancing in the kitchen with my husband, and the daily phone calls with my Mother. Long socks, yoga pants, and peppermint white chocolate Mochas are a morning ritual. My biggest fear is not being able to protect my daughter from everything one day. Someday's i'm an emotional wreck, other days I radiate confidence, I guess you could say I'm simply. A Woman.

1 comment:

  1. Kristina, I know it must be hard being a military wife these days, I was one too and now we have been retired from the military for some time. You may not realize right now, but these days with your young daughter are some of the hardest but most special days in your life. I have college age kids, and i have loved all the stages, but i still remember holding them and rocking them to sleep like it was yesterday - tender sweet memories. You don't remember he long crying challenging days as they get older, you tend to remember the simple sweet moments. Reading your blog brought back some sweet memories in my life.

    ReplyDelete